Course Description

This study abroad course is being offered through the University of Maryland's iSchool as LBSC 729: International Opportunities in Information Studies; Libraries and Cultural Heritage Institutions of St. Petersburg, Russia.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

About last night...

All by my self... That's how I feel sitting in the airport waiting for my plane to begin boarding. I was the first to leave for the airport and I already miss everyone (especially Yelena and all her insight.) I spent about half and hour with a confused look on my face, trying to figure out where to check-in only to realize that I was super early and needed to wait for my airline to be assigned a ticket counter. Anyway, about last night. Since It was our last night together our instructors organized a final group dinner. It was a pleasure to get to spend this time together. We reminisced about our time together and each of us spoke about what we liked most about this trip. The students had the opportunity to thank the instructors for all they have done to make this trip possible. To Lily we thank you for all your help. You served as a translator, but we also thank you for being the one who thought about arranging a library trip to Russia. Yelena, where do I even begin. You organized the trip and thanks to your connections we were able to see many parts of the city that other visitors never see. If that was not enough your served as our translator and tour guide. Trudi, we would like to thank you for making this trip a possibility. Having the opportunity to learn from you has been an absolute pleasure. After our dinner we took a boat tour around the city. It was a great way to bring our magical journey to St. Petersburg to an end. Well its now time to board the plane. See you on the other side of the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment